About Me

My photo
I am born not rich but rich in love. I have a good family, good friends. I already taste the life's bitterness but also taste life's sweetness. I am just simple, Friendly and understanding. GOD fearing. I believe in GOD so much. I just cant explain it here but deep in my heart I know , I feel it.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Dalit Festival (Feast of St. Michael the Archangel)



Today is the celebration of our city fiesta here in Tangub City. Everybody is so busy. The city is so crowded by people who wish to watch the street dancing and rituals. Though the sun is so hot, they ignore it. Well, the dance is really very nice, this is a part of our tradition here, we have street dancing contest or we call it "Dalit Festival" This is a prayer dance offered to the City's patron Saint Michael De Archangel. September 29 is the festival to Saint Michael.

The dance is very nice. The performers did their best to win the trophy... Our school joined the competition too, they wore a filipiƱa dress. They look so nice. Ohhh..the drums are so loud...

Mabuhay to Tangub City... I hope that this City will be peacefull forever...

Eugielene

No comments: